Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Posted in Uncategorized | Thursday, April 10th, 2014
We’re hiring a part-time employee to join our team at the Portland Homestead Supply Company!
Our store is located in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland. We’ll be turning 3 years old this June. In addition to providing equipment and supplies for urban homesteaders, we also offer classes and demonstrations throughout the week. Our scope includes fermentation, canning, cheese, soap, candles, grain grinding, charcuterie, natural cleaning, gardening, and animal feed.
This position is for work Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays beginning May 2nd. It is not a seasonal position. We’re hoping to find someone who works well with our existing team, is excited about homesteading, and plans to stay with the company as we grow. Ideal applicants will have some homesteading experience, a great attitude, and work well both independently and as a team.
- Able to work 10am-6pm on Thursday through Saturday and attend staff meetings (paid) from 8:30-9:30am on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Additional hours may be possible in the future.
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted, multiple times per day.
- Have some knowledge of homesteading skills and excitement to continue learning.
- Love helping customers with their homesteading projects and answering LOTS of questions.
- Feel comfortable performing basic animal chores for the shop goats and chickens.
- Able to be on your feet all day on concrete floors.
- Able to package chemicals including borax, washing soda, essential oils, etc.
Please read through the requirements carefully before applying. If you think you’re a good match, send a resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and why you’d like to work at the shop. You’re also welcome to drop the application off in person at 8012 SE 13th Ave, Portland, OR. We’ll be accepting applications until Saturday, April 19th and conducting interviews the week of April 20th.